HÅLLBAR Green Condo: The Rideau at 1035 Bank Street, Ottawa Ontario, K1H 7R1
With two high-rise condominium towers and an exciting collection of suites and townhomes, Minto’s The Rideau at 1035 Bank Street changed the skyline along the Queen Elizabeth Driveway. Located at the geographical center of Ottawa, The Rideau at 1035 Bank St has been designed to be a sustainable community. This prime location puts everything that you’ll ever need all within walking distance. As part of the Lansdowne rejuvenation, Minto The Rideau at 1035 Bank St and it’s sister building, The Vibe at 118 Holmwood Ave are steps from exciting new retail and dining experiences. Entertainment spaces throughout the park and a state-of-the-art movie theatre mean that there will always be something happening. LEED Gold Certification was awarded to Minto Communities in 2018 for both buildings. LEED certification recognises green condos that reduce environmental impact, including site management, materials used and water & energy consumption.
Green Condo Features Include:
- Ozone friendly cooling systems are CFC free
- “All-off” ‘green’ switch, to control and power off all in-suite hard-wired lights, ‘green’ plugs, and transfer fans on interior bedrooms
- Individually controlled 2-pipe fan coil (FCU) Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) prevents wasted heat and uses less energy
- High-efficiency fixtures reduce water use by more than 40% when compared to standard Ontario Building Code.
- ENERGY STAR® appliances were included in every suite at the time of building. ENERGY STAR® appliances use 30% less energy to do the same job as non-ENERGY STAR® qualified products.
- On-site securable bicycle parking is provided for visitors and residents
- Minto used low volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives and finishes at the time of construction
- Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) are installed in each unit to reduce energy consumption and save owners money
- Rainwater harvesting cistern captures rainwater for later outdoor use
- High-efficiency common area heating systems reduce energy use while generating fewer greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Green Roof to capture stormwater and reduce Urban Heat Island effect
Check out more HALLBAR Green Condos here