HÅLLBAR GreenCondo: Quantum South Tower at 2181 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario, M4S 3H7
The Minto Midtown is a residential complex on Yonge Street developed by Minto Developments Inc. in Toronto near Yonge and Eglinton. The complex consists of two towers, Quantum South (2181 Yonge St.) and Quantum North (2191 Yonge St). Minto Midtown was the largest LEED® Gold Certified residential condo complex in North America when it was certified Gold in 2007.
Green Condo Features Include:
- Individual suite meters for water and electricity
- Ozone friendly cooling systems are CFC free
- Multi-Chute Recycling. Separate recycling, organics and non-recyclable waste chutes on every floor
- High-efficiency fixtures reduce water use by more than 40% when compared to standard Ontario Building Code.
- ENERGY STAR® appliances were included in every suite at the time of building. ENERGY STAR® appliances use 30% less energy to do the same job as non-ENERGY STAR® qualified products.
- Public Transportation: The Minto Midtown complex is 20 meters away from the subway
- On-site securable bicycle parking is provided for visitors and residents
- Minto used low volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives and finishes at the time of construction
- Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) are installed in each unit to reduce energy consumption and save owners money
- Rainwater harvesting cistern captures rainwater for later outdoor use
- High-efficiency common area heating systems reduce energy use while generating fewer greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Green energy purchasing: Minto pledged that 50% of power used will be from renewables, this saves 1,500 tones of Co2
- Single switch “all-off” lighting control switch located at your front door makes it easy to be sure your lights are off when you leave
- Green Roof to capture stormwater and reduce Urban Heat Island effect
- Quantum North offers an on-site car share program with green vehicles available
Check out more HALLBAR Green Condos here